It was gathered that the yet-to-be identified victims were working when power was suddenly restored, leading to their electrocution.
“Over time, this ugly trend has been happening in Delta State; employees of the BEDC have been dying on the job. I wonder why the company cannot provide safety gadgets for its workers,” he said.
“When the workers want to go to the field, they usually switch off power lines that link to the area of work. After finishing the work, they will radio the office to switch the power on. Some of them sabotage themselves by switching it on while work is still ongoing, but if they have a safety guard, they will not be electrocuted. The families of the victims are in pain now; so, we urge the BEDC to compensate the families.” he added.