Actor Pete Edochie Biography – Age, Career, Education, Early Life, Family, Instagram, Awards, Movies And Net Worth
- Let us discuss Pete Edochie’s Biography in terms of his Age, Career, Education, Early Life, Family, Movies And Net Worth and much more.
Chief Pete Edochie, MON, born March 7, 1947, is a veteran and influential Nigerian actor. He was born in Zaria and is from Nteje in Oyi Local Government Area, Anambra State, Nigeria. Edochie is regarded as one of Africa’s most talented actors, having received the Africa Magic Industry Merit Award.
In this article, I will discuss Pete Edochie’s biography, career, age, place of birth, net worth, Movies, and given name. Let’s start with his profile.
Chief Pete Edochie
|Stage Name||Pete Edochie|
|Date of Birth:||March 7, 1947|
|Place of Birth::||Zaria, Kaduna|
|State of Origin:||Anambra State|
|Occupation:||Actor & Filmmaker|
|Net Worth:||$4 million|
Pete Edochie Biography
Chief Pete Edochie, MON, born March 7, 1947, is a veteran and influential Nigerian actor. He was born in Zaria and hails from Nteje in Oyi Local Government Area, Anambra State, Nigeria. Edochie is regarded as one of Africa’s most talented actors, having received the Africa Magic Industry Merit Award.
Pete Edochie Early Life and Education
Pete Edochie was born in the Nigerian city of Zaria, Kaduna State. He turned 70 in 2017, and despite having lived “three scores and ten” years, he claims to be in good health.
He received his primary education at St. Patrick’s and St. James Primary Schools in Zaria. He then attended St. John’s College for his secondary education.
Pete Edochie attended the School of Journalism and Television in England and also studied abroad.
Pete Edochie Career
After finishing secondary school, Edochie worked for the Nigerian Railway Corporation before moving to England to study. He then moved into radio in 1967.
At the age of 20, Edochie began his career in radio broadcasting as a junior programming assistant, eventually rising to the position of Director.
He was the Director of Programs, but he also served as Deputy Managing Director and, on occasion, as Managing Director.
He left ABS when the government attempted to politicize the activities of their FM station, forcing the entire management team to resign, including him.
He was supposed to be the MD’s immediate successor, but he had to quit to pursue a career in the film industry.
He had previously appeared in Things Fall Apart and earned an International Award.
For his participation in Things Fall Apart, the BBC travelled into Nigeria to interview him. He has a total of 18 films to his credit.
Edochie praised the Wikimedia movement in Nigeria by appearing in a film to raise knowledge and use of Wikipedia among older generations in September 2017.
Pete Edochie starred in the film “Fatal Arrogance” in 2020, which was met with a lot of backlash.
The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, better known as Shiites, has attacked the legendary Nollywood actor over his role in a new film, claiming that the film tries to portray the union as a terrorist organization.
However, the actor stated that he is not responsible for any troubles that the film may cause, instead holding the film’s producers accountable.
Pete Edochie Movies & TV Series
Pete Edochie has appeared in several Nollywood movies and television series. Below are some of his movies:
- No More War (2005)
- Ola… the Morning Sun (2005)
- Price of Ignorance (2005)
- The Price of Love: Life Is Beautiful (2005)
- Sacred Tradition (2005)
- The Tyrant (2005)
- Across the Niger (2004)
- Coronation (2004)
- Dogs Meeting (2004) …. Anacho
- Dons in Abuja (2004)
- The Heart of Man (2004)
- King of the Jungle (2004)
- Love from Above (2004)
- My Desire (2004)
- Negative Influence (2004)
- The Staff of Odo (2004)
- Heavy Battle (2008)
- Test Your Heart (2008)
- Greatest Harvest (2007)
- Secret Pain (2007)
- Fair Game (2006)
- Holy Cross (2006)
- Lacrima (2006)
- Living with Death (2006) …. Mr. Harrison
- Passage of Kings (2006)
- Simple Baby (2006)
- Zoza (2006)
- Azima (2005)
- Baby Girl (2005)
- End of Money (2005)
- Living in Tears (2005)
- Never End (2005)
- Miserable Wealth (2003)
- The Omega (2003)
- Onunaeyi: Seeds of Bondage (2003)
- Rejected Son (2003)
- Selfish Desire (2003)
- Super Love (2003)
- Tears in the Sun (2003)
- Tunnel of Love (2003)
- When God Says Yes (2003)
- Battle Line (2002)
- My Love (2002)
- St. Michael (2004)
- Above Death: In God We Trust (2003)
- Arrows (2003)
- Billionaire Club (2003)
- Egg of Life (2003)
- Honey (2003)
- Love & Politics (2003)
Pete Edochie Awards & Recognition
- Member of the Order of the Niger, Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, 2003
- Special Recognition Award, Best of Nollywood (BON), 2013
- Industry Merit Award, Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, 2014
- Life Impact Awards, Times Heroes Awards, 2017
- Movie Personality of the Year, City People Magazine, 1999
- Best Actor in Africa, Censors’ Board, 2001
- Best Actor in Nigeria, Censors’ Board, 2003
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Africa Movie Academy Awards, 2013
Pete Edochie Quotes
- Stupidity is what we all have in common as human beings, but some people insist that improving it is their entitlement.
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
- A farmer who grows by the street and a man who has a beautiful woman have the same problem.
- Your Chi has to be strong for you to be able to sustain a long-life span on some of these social networks.
- Whenever you are feeling blue, remember the spirits of our ancestors are watching over us, and God cannot let you down.
- Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
- Beware of the naked man who offers you clothes.
- Taking life easy and planning purposefully for everything makes life worth living as well as ageing gracefully.
- A man who hangs around a beautiful girl without saying a word ends up fetching water for guests at her wedding.
Pete Edochie Personal Life
Pete married Josephine Edochie at the age of 22 and they had six children: five boys and one girl. Linc Edochie and Yul Edochie, two of his children, are well-known professional actors in the industry.
Pete Edochie Social Media
- Instagram: @peteedochie
Pete Edochie Net Worth
Pete Edochie has an estimated net worth of $4 million. The actor is one of the founding members of Nollywood, having starred in several films.
Thank you for taking the time to read Pete Edochie’s Full Biography And Net Worth, which includes his Date Of Birth, State Of Origin, Marriage, Children, House, Cars, Educational Background, Qualifications, Childhood, History, Wikipedia, Bio, Siblings, and much more.
If you have any further information regarding The Full Biography And Profile Of Pete Edochie, please contact us via the comment box below or by our email address on the contact us page.