Reekado Banks Biography – Age, Career, Education, Early Life, Family, Songs, Albums, Awards, And Net Worth
- Let us discuss Reekado Banks’s Biography in terms of his Age, Career, Education, Early Life, Family, Musics And Net Worth and much more.
Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon, better known as Reekado Banks, is a Nigerian songwriter, musician, and singer who began his career in 2008 before signing with Mavin Records in 2014.
In 2014, Reekado Banks rose to prominence in the Nigerian music industry. In this post, I’ll tell you about Ayoleyi Hanniel’s biography, career, current marital status, songs, net worth, and some other interesting facts about him that you probably didn’t know. Let’s take a quick look at his profile before we continue.
|Full Name:||Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon|
|Stage Name||Reekado Banks|
|Date of Birth:||6 December 1993|
|Place of Birth::||Lagos, Nigeria|
|State of Origin:||Ondo State|
|Occupation:||Singer and Songwriter|
|Record Label||Mavin Records (2018), TOT Empire|
|Net Worth:||US$2.1 million|
Reekado Banks Biography
Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon (born December 6, 1993) is a talented Nigerian singer and songwriter better known by his stage name Reekado Banks.
He signed with Mavin Records in 2014 but left in 2018. Before signing with Mavin Records, he performed at Spicy’s stage.
Reekado Banks was named Rookie of the Year at The Headies in 2014 and went on to win the contentious Next Rated award at The Headies in 2015.
Spotlight, his debut studio album, was released on September 1, 2016, and debuted at number 10 on the Billboard World Albums chart.
Reekado Banks Early Life and Education
Reekado Banks, a Nigerian singer, musician, and songwriter best known for his association with Mavin Records, was born on December 6, 1993 in his home country of Nigeria.
Banks grew up in Lagos with his other siblings, having been born and raised by middle-class parents. His mother worked as a caterer at the time, and his father is a Nigerian pastor.
Reekado Banks received his primary and secondary education in Lagos and holds both the Primary School Leaving Certificate and the West African Senior School Certificate.
For his university education, Ayoleyi Hanniel attended the prestigious University of Lagos, otherwise known as Unilag for short, where he studied and obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Strategic Studies.
It is worth noting that Banks started his career in the music industry as soon as he graduated from secondary school in 2008.
Reekado Banks Career
Reekado Banks’ musical career began in 2008. His elder brother, who also taught him the basics of songwriting, singing, and producing, produced his first set of songs. Most of his works were relatively unknown at the time. His meteoric rise to fame began in 2014, when he was signed to Mavin Records by Don Jazzy, after his songs were chosen from over 5,000 songs submitted to Mavins Record in an online search for the latest talent. In an interview, he stated that he would always be grateful to his brother for secretly submitting some of his songs to the quest.
Reekado Banks is a multi-talented artist who loves making different types of music because he believes people are different and have different preferences when it comes to music. His first official single under Mavin Records“Turn It Up” featuring Mavins first lady, Tiwa Savage was released on the 21st of February, 2014, the same day he was signed by Don Jazzy to the imprint.
His next project was a feature with the entire Mavin crew on their hit song “Dorobucci” released on May 2014. Other collaborative singles which he featured in with his label mates include “Adaobi”, “Looku Looku”, and “Arise”.
Reekado banks second solo single “Katapot” was released on February 2015 and was more successful than “Turn it up” because he had amassed fans from the collaborative singles and from his first single and it was insinuated that the song was a diss track towards Don Jazzy’s ex label mates D’banj and Wande Coal although this was debunked by him and Don jazzy.
Reekado banks debut studio album “Spotlight” was released on September 1, 2016. The twenty one tracked album produced by Don Jazzy, Altims and Baby Fresh, was titled to reflect Reekado banks current place of stardom and success and is a fusion of different genres. It debuted at number 10 on the Billboard World Album Music Chart.
His other songs include; “Chop Am” on August 8, 2014, “Corner” on July 9, 2015, “Sugar Baby” on July 10, 2015,”Tomorrow” on July 11, 2015, “Oluwa Ni” on January 15, 2016 and “Standard” on June 5, 2016.
Reekado banks was signed as a Globacom brand ambassador in 2015 alongside other Mavins Record artists.
Reekado Banks Songs and Album
- Spotlight (2016)
- Turn It Up” (featuring Tiwa Savage) – February 21,2014
- “Dorobucci” (with Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr SID, D’Prince, Korede Bello and Di’Ja) – May 1, 2014
- Adaobi” (with Don Jazzy, Korede Bello and Di’Ja) – May 27, 2014
- Chop Am” – August 8, 2014
- “Arise” (with Don Jazzy and Di’Ja) – September 20, 2014
- Looku Looku” (with Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr SID, D’Prince, Korede Bello and Di’Ja) – October 31, 2014
- “Katapot – February 13,2015
- Corner” – July 9, 2015
- Sugar Baby” – July 10, 2015
- Tomorrow” – July 11, 2015
- Oluwa Ni” – January 15, 2016
- Standard” – June 5, 2016
- Spotlight” – September 1, 2016
- Easy (Jeje) – July 29, 2017
- Kiss Me” – July 29, 2017
- Like” (with Tiwa Savage and Fiokee) – December 6, 2017
- Pull Up” – April 3, 2018
- Bio Bio” (featuring Duncan Mighty) – July 9, 2018
- Blessings On Me” – September 26, 2018
- Yawa” (featuring Reekado Banks and DJ Young) – March 21, 2019.”
- Maria” – March 29, 2019
- Rora” – September 5, 2019″
- In Put In Pressure” – November 29, 2019
- You Dey Mad” (featuring AttiFaya) – November 20, 2020.”
- Speak to Me” (featuring Tiwa Savage) – November 26, 2020
- Need More” (featuring Kida Kudz & EO) – November 27, 2020.”
- Happy Yourself” – November 27, 2020
- Ozumba Mbadiwe” – October 21, 2021
Reekado Banks Awards
- 2014 Headies Award for Rookie of the Year
- 2015 Headies Award for Next Rated Artist
- 2015 Headies Award for Video of the year, “Katapot”
- 2015 City People Entertainment Award for Most Promising Act
- 2016 Headies Award best album
- 2018 Headies Award for Hip Hop Revelation of the Year
Reekado Banks Personal Life
A couple of time, Reekado Banks has been pictured with Femi Otedola‘s daughter, Tolani. Many believe she might be his girlfriend. Reekado Banks is not married and has no wife.
Reekado Banks Social Media
Reekado Banks Net Worth
Reekado Banks’ net worth is estimated to be $2.1 million. His earnings are primarily derived from music and other business ventures.
Thank you for taking the time to read Reekado Banks’s Full Biography And Net Worth, which includes his Date Of Birth, State Of Origin, Marriage, Children, House, Cars, Educational Background, Qualifications, Childhood, History, Wikipedia, Bio, Siblings, and much more.
If you have any further information regarding The Full Biography And Profile Of Reekado Banks, please contact us via the comment box below or by our email address on the contact us page.