“Muslim don’t celebrate Valentine, you are just a social media Muslim”- Fans drag Lateef Adedimeji for celebrate Valentine with his wife
Nigerian actor Lateef Adedimeji has been dragged by some fans on social media for celebrating Valentine’s Day with his wife, Adebimpe Oyebade.
The actor had taken to his Instagram page to share a romantic photo of himself and his wife, accompanied by a Valentine’s Day message, expressing his love for her.
However, some fans called him out, claiming that as a Muslim, he should not be celebrating Valentine’s Day, as it goes against Islamic beliefs. They went on to accuse him of being a “social media Muslim” and not adhering to the tenets of Islam.
The comments section of his post was filled with mixed reactions, with some fans defending him, while others criticized him for celebrating the occasion.
See reactions below:
– But I think say Muslim no day celibate Val because every day is for our woman… Abdul lateef or maybe you are just a social media Muslim
– So Muslim don’t celebrate love abi?
– Does religion goes with valentine again 😂 Bro hope you enjoyed ur day
– I thought you are Muslim
– Maybe Muslim know Dey do val
– I thought you are a Muslim, the person asking such should go off social media before creating troubles in people’s life, those are the mentality you have upstairs to destroy the country and you run abroad and calm like an innocent dog
Lateef Adedimeji is yet to respond to the criticisms.